- Congratulations to all BRC rowers, coaches and parents on a strong Spring 2017 season! Keep up your training and stay fit for fall. Best wishes to our graduating seniors: Helen, Mikayla, Calista and Joe.
- Thank you, parents, for all of your work supporting the club! Board members will be contacting you soon to take over the tasks from graduating parents.
- National Learn to Row Day/Open House: tell your friends! Saturday, June 3, 1:30-4:30PM. A great opportunity for parents and friends to learn on the erg from our coaches, then go on-water in an 8+ with experienced rowers. All BRC parents should try this!! Click Here to register at GRC’s site.
- Summer Rowing Programs: New for 2017, for new and experienced rowers, are all listed on the home page. Links to register will be up soon!
- Fall Regatta Dates are posted
- Building BRC:
- Thanks to everyone who helped promote at TCMS! Tell your friends and spread the word. More teammates means easier car-pools and lower regatta fees 🙂
- Experienced rowers are needed to help out at LTR and fill the boats. Please email Coach Bex if you’re interested.
- Downloadable flyer is on the home page; print some and post them around town, school, work, anywhere!
- Link to BRC on social media.
- Copy/paste the message below into the newsletter for your neighborhood association, club, etc (add your contact info to the last line):
Brighton Rowing Club 2017 Summer Learn-to-Row Program: for boys and girls entering grades 7-12 from throughout the Rochester Metro Area (any town, any school district).
Lookig for a new sport? Rowing is a total-body workout that builds endurance, strength, balance, mental discipline and teamwork. Excellent cross-training off-season from other sports; very low injury risk.
With BRC, everyone participates. No bench-sitters, no cuts. This spring, our boats earned 4 medals at NY State Championships, and competed at a National Championship regatta!
Learn rowing techniques and quickly progress to rowing on the Genesee River and Erie Canal. No rowing/boating experience is necessary, but participants must be able to swim. All equipment is provided.
- Session 1: June 26th -July 20th (4 weeks), Mon / Wed, 3:30-5:30pm.
- Optional competition for all Session 1 participants at Onondaga LakeFest Regatta in Syracuse, Saturday, July 22nd
- Session 2: July 24th – Aug 17th(4 weeks), Mon / Wed, 3:30-5:30pm
- Grades 7-12
- $175. For new members, includes t-shirt and $25 off Fall season fees if you keep rowing
- Learn-to-Row: Aug 21- Sept 1, Monday thru Friday, 3:30-5:30pm
- To prepare for Novice Racing Team, if you choose to keep rowing in Fall and/or Spring 2018!
- Kids must be >= age 13 by 12/31/17, per USRowing rules
- $195, Includes t-shirt and $25 off Fall season fees if you keep rowing!.
Or, contact your rowing neighbors, XXXXX at YYYYY.