BRC will compete at the John Bennett Regatta at Westside Rowing Club in Buffalo, NY. This club was founded in 1912, is located where Lake Erie meets the Niagara River, near the Peace Bridge. It is the site of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fontana Boathouse. Racing takes place on the Black Rock Canal along the Niagara River.
- Sunday, May 7
- Regatta Central Info: Click Here.
- BRC events:
- Cost: No additional cost (included in spring registration fee).
- Regatta Location: For GPS and Directions: 48 Porter Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14201
- Depart Rochester by 5:00AM: Arrival time for rowers 6:30AM. Rig boats for first race; unload the trailer.
- Rowers are responsible for making their own transportation arrangements for this regatta. Families are welcome!
- Travel time from Rochester is a good 90 minutes by the time you park and walk to the site.
- Park on the street or designated lots; walk about 1/2 mile to the site.
- Check SignUp Genius for carpools
- Hospitality SignUp: Click Here to contribute food items, work the tent, etc…
- All food donations should be delivered on Saturday, the 6th at Kathie’s house. Directions are on the SignUp
- Oatmeal/Yogurt Bar, Bagels, and Cereal/Milk for breakfast, but rowers with early races should eat breakfast before arriving at the regatta. For lunch we will be serving Grilled Ham/Cheese and side salads. There will be many vegetarian options and there is always water/Gatorade (bring reusable water bottles), chocolate Milk (for post-race recovery), fruit, snacks, and fixings for peanut butter sandwiches.
- Parents should bring chairs, rain gear, and warm layers (maybe even a blanket) – it is quite cool on the water and predicted weather looks lousy. It’s likely that it will be quite muddy, so be prepared.
- Rower’s Packing list: Water bottles, novice racing tees, unis and tech shirts. Be prepared for any weather, and make sure to bring sunscreen, raingear, jacket, and an extra change of dry clothing stored in a plastic bag.
Any racing/training questions: Coach Bex, email@example.com, 585-410-3929
Any travel/parent questions: Regatta Director Faithe.Bassett@brightoncrew.org, 585-750-4448
Additional Regatta Info: All athletes are expected to be available for all regattas as it affects boat assignments for the whole team. They need to stay for the entire regatta to help their teammates with docking, rigging, loading and cheering. It is not acceptable to just show up for your own races or leave before ALL boats are trailered.
Parents (and Modified Rowers!) are encouraged to attend, cheer, and volunteer, and are welcome to eat at the BRC tent. Please check the volunteer sign up links, there are many ways to help even if you cannot be there.