NYS Scholastic Rowing Championships, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Racing Dates: May 13-14, 2017. All Varsity and Novice Rowers.
- This event is not listed on Regatta Central, but is on Streamline Rowing (Why? I don’t know), some info at Saratoga Rowing.
- BRC events (Coaches will announce boating/lineups at practice).
- Time trials on Saturday morning; Novice finals on Saturday afternoon, Varsity on Sunday.
- Top 9 finishers go onto finals. Events with 15 or more entries get B Finals. Events with more than 30 boats get C Finals.
- Race schedule Here. Final schedule/heat sheet may also be posted at SaratogaRowing.com a few days before the event.
- Regatta Location: Saratoga Rowing Association, Union Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY. Parking and tents at Lee’s Park, on western shore of Fish Creek.
- SignUp Genius:
- Click Here to contribute food items, work the tent, chaperone, etc…
- 10 extra seats are available on the but for parents who want to ride along. SignUp under “Spectator–Bus”
- If you are driving and have room in your car, please indicate the number of seats available under “Spectator–Car”. If you need a ride, please contact someone on this list. All kids ride the bus, unless specifically discussed with the Regatta Director.
- Cost: $260* due by Monday, May 8, 2017.
- Individual invoices for the payment due will be emailed to each family by Ann Marie Schneider, our Registrar, based on credits/additional payments for each individual athlete.
- Checks payable to Brighton Rowing Club. Mail to: BRC PO Box 18724, Rochester NY 14618. Payments will not be accepted at the bus.
- *The actual cost of the regatta is $290. However, Spring registration fee included $30 for the Ithaca Icebreaker Regatta. Since BRC was unable to participate at Ithaca, we are applying this to States. The Club’s total cost of the States Regatta includes hotel rooms, motorcoach, boat transportation (using our boat trailer and a rented truck), boat registration fees, and hospitality costs. This total is divided between all Novice and Varsity athletes.
- Practice Thursday will involve loading the trailer.
- Travel Info:
- Kids meet Friday, at 11:30AM at Brighton High School parking lot to load the bus for a 12Noon departure.
- Permission Slips:
- Download and Sign this form, return to Faithe.Bassett@brightoncrew.org by email or in person by Thurs May 11
- Parents must send a note to their school’s Attendance Office about the student’s early departure.
- Parents who ride the bus can leave their cars at BHS for the weekend; Faithe will have a note for you to leave on the dashboard.
- Luggage: In the past, students have brought their suitcases to school and stored them in the main office (Novice can ask Varsity for travel tips).
- Pack a bag lunch to eat Friday on the bus, and money for 2 dinners on the road.
- Sat/Sunday breakfast and lunch at the regatta hospitality tent for all rowers, coaches and families (SignUp will be updated soon)
- Sat dinner for the team will be provided at the hotel. Parents will need to make individual dinner plans. More information TBA.
- Friday Schedule:
- Bus will arrive at the regatta site about 4:30 to rig boats and go for practice rows.
- Afterward, bus will go to local mall food court for dinner, then on the the motel.
- Motel Rooms: are assigned by the Regatta Director with ~4 athletes per room, separating the girls and boys. Athletes are not allowed to switch hotel rooms without permission from the Regatta Director. Room assignments will be announced on the bus.
- There’s an indoor pool at the motel…bring your swimsuit and a towel!
- Travel on Racing Days:
- Coaches & Coxswains Meeting 7AM Saturday, will leave ~6:15AM by car.
- On Saturday: Team departs motel ~7:00AM (TBA), returns after last Novice Final (?7:30PM?)
- On Sunday: pack up/check out of motel ~7AM (TBA). Depart regatta after last Varsity Final (?3PM?)
- For parents who want to attend the regatta:
- Visit the SignUp to ride the team bus or let us know you are driving your own car.
- There is room on the bus for more parents to ride; please see the SignUp. If the SignUp is full, but you still want to ride the bus, please contact Faithe.
- Bring chairs, blankets, water bottles and MUD BOOTS!
- Accommodations: Landmark Motor Inn is a charming, family-run motel that has hosted BRC for many years!
BRC makes hotel and travel arrangements for athletes, coaches and chaperones. A few additional rooms may be available for family members who would like to attend. Please call the hotel directly to make your own reservations and payment.
Landmark Motor Inn BRC room rate TBA. In 2016 it was ~$85+ tax1418 Route 9 (Saratoga Road)Fort Edward, NY
Return: We will be stopping for a meal on the return trip, arrival in Rochester Sunday night. Rowers will call from the road about 30 minutes prior to our arrival at BHS.
Packing list: Water bottles, novice racing tees, unis and tech shirts; in addition to clothing and personal items, please make sure to bring rain gear, jacket, sweatshirt, sunscreen, and an extra change of dry clothing stored in a plastic bag in case of rain. Bring enough money for two meals ($10 to $12 per meal), to cover dinner on Friday and a meal stop on the way home on Sunday, plus extra for regatta trinkets. There is an indoor swimming pool at the hotel so don’t forget a swim suit!
Hospitality Tent: The BRC food crew will provide breakfast, lunch and snacks during the day on Saturday and Sunday for rowers and families. Rowers will have dinner together at the hotel Saturday night. Rowers, please bring your water bottles!!! Family members attending should bring chairs, blankets, binoculars and water bottles.
Additional Regatta Info: All athletes on participating teams are expected to be available for all regattas. Regatta non-availability must be negotiated with coaches a minimum of 2 weeks in advance of the regatta, as it affects seat assignments for other rowers. Note that athletes attending regattas need to be present for the entire regatta in order to assist with docking, rigging, loading, and to cheer for their team mates. It is not acceptable to just show up for your own races or leave before ALL boats are trailered. Please plan accordingly.
Any racing/training questions: Coach Bex, email@example.com, 585-410-3929
Any travel/parent questions: Regatta Director Faithe.Bassett@brightoncrew.org, 585-750-4448