Who: Boys and girls entering grades 9-12; no experience necessary (summer Learn-to-Row participation encouraged!) Participants who have not rowed at the high school level in any previous academic year are on the Novice Team, regardless of age. Returning rowers are on the Varsity Team.
What: Rowers may participate in Fall and/or Spring seasons. Participants receive instruction and practice in Sweep Rowing and sculling, and participate in amateur youth rowing regattas at the local and state level (and can qualify for National competition). The focus is on physical conditioning, technique, teamwork, responsibility on and off the water, developing participants’ potential as amateur rowers at the college level, and having fun. Placement in regatta boats is driven by effort and dedication displayed, as well as by ability.
- Spring Season begins with indoor Winter Conditioning , Jan-March, 3 days/week after school. On-water practice usually begins the last week of March (icebergs permitting!) thru the Tuesday after Memorial Day, 2 hours/day, Monday through Friday, after school.
- Fall Season runs late August through first weekend in November.
- Summer Rowing Program was new in 2016
Where: Practice is at the Genesee Rowing Club Boathouse, Genesee Valley Park, off Moore Road (EAST side of the river.)
Regattas: We compete in 4-6 regattas in the Fall and Spring. Typically:
- Fall: Fairport Lift Bridge, Head of the Genesee, Head of the Charles (Boston–select Varsity), Head of the Schuylkill (Philadelphia), Pull-the-Plug (Pittsford).
- Spring: TBA in late April, John Bennett (Buffalo), Chargers Invitational (Syracuse), NY State Championships (Saratoga), Pittsford Regatta
Registration: Click Here
Questions? Contact email@example.com