Date: October 20-22 (Racing Sunday, 10/22. Watch the Live Webcast!)
Participants: By lottery. Coach Bex will submit bids in August. Entries will be announced mid-September. Click Here for Rules and Eligibility.
>800 clubs from around the world!
Location: Cambridge Boat Club, Cambridge, MA
2017 Info coming soon. From 2016:
Time: Practice Row Friday afternoon. Meet up at 1PM. Better to practice early…later the river gets very crowded with so many boats practicing! See below.
Racing schedule on Regatta Central: Click Here
- Click on “Clubs”, then on BRC to view our events.
- Womens Youth Fours 8:51AM
- Womens Youth Doubles 11:06AM
- Event times are subject to change.
Sponsor’s Website: Head of the Charles Regatta.
Driving Directions: HOCR Parking and Transportation.
Our boats will ride the Mercy and/or RIT trailers. Packing schedule will be announced at practice.
Depart Rochester by 6AM on Friday, 10/21 to arrive at the trailer site by 1PM.
Meet at 1PM in Christian Herter Park across the street from 1234 Soldiers Field Road Boston, MA (landmark is the Day’s Inn; a good place to drop off kids when you look for parking each day).
- Plan for a practice row on the course about 3PM until 5-6PM.
Consider attending the Coxing Clinic on Saturday, 8AM. Register for this on your own.
Watch the course video Here.
There are no specific BRC requirements on Sat. However, don’t spend endless hours on your feet at college visits, sight-seeing or race-watching. Eat well, rest, soak it in.
This is an amazing, world-class competition. It’s an exciting privilege to be part of it! Have a good row!
MEALS: Athletes will need to bring money for at least 6 meals (~$100) and plan accordingly; there is no hospitality tent but bring snacks to the trailer. Breakfast Saturday and Sunday is included at the hotel; all other meals are pay-as-you-go. Pack water bottles, snacks, etc.. to have on hand. There are numerous food vendors (chowdah in a bread bowl!) along the course on Saturday and Sunday.
Accommodations: Holiday Inn Express Boston, 69 Boston Street, Boston, MA 02125
- In the past, rowers were required to stay together at the team hotel in Boston and BRC made their reservations. This had pros and cons, and was a problem for those visiting friends or family in the area. Also, kids need to be driven to and from the regatta site.
- This year, ROWERS WILL BE STAYING WITH THEIR PARENTS for HOCR, or with a teammate’s family if their parents are not making the trip. MAKE YOUR OWN FAMILY’S HOTEL ARRANGEMENTS. (For Schuylkill, everyone will ride the bus and stay together, like usual.)
- Coaches Bex and Becca are staying and racing with RBC and SJFC, but will be in contact with kids on site.
- If you’d like: make your reservation at the Holiday Inn Express Boston, 69 Boston Street, Boston, MA 02125, 1-
- About 20 minutes from regatta site; Different hotel than past years
- Block of rooms under Genesee Rowing Club. Single Queen or 2 Double beds, same price, $199/nite (~$455 for the weekend).
- Breakfast available at the hotel.
- If you prefer, OK to stay elsewhere, like Airbnb. But, you must stay in touch with the team and be sure your rower arrives at the regatta site on time.
- Tell Faithe.Bassett@brightoncrew.
org your travel plans.
Registration and Travel Expenses:
- Regatta fees include registration fees, coaching, boats and equipment and trailer snacks.
- All meals and hotel will be pay as you go.
- Regatta fees for HOCR $113 (race registration and trailering) + $25 for Syracuse Regatta = $138 per rower. Please send a check by 10/20/16 to: BRC Treasurer, PO box 18724, Rochester, NY 14618
- Any questions, please contact Faithe Bassett.