Participants: Novice and Varsity (along with 270+ other teams!)
Location: Philadelphia, PA, Fairmount Park – Kelly Drive
2017 Info coming soon. From 2016:
Click Here for race details on Regatta Central
Click Here for BRC Race Schedule
- Click on “Clubs”, then on BRC to view our events (after coach has submitted registration)
- Coaches will decide on boat line-ups, and tell the rowers at practice.
- Click on “Heat Sheet/Draw” to find your race/bow number. This is posted to RC about 2 days before each regatta.
- Boats launch about 45 minutes prior to race time.
- Event times are subject to change.
Team Travel Info
- The boat trailer will be loaded Thursday at practice.
- Schedule for 2016:
- Saturday, 8:45am: board bus at BHS parking lot for 9am departure.
- Lunch and Dinner plans TBA.
- Hotel: DoubleTree Suites 640 Fountain Rd Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
- 10pm: room check by chaperones. Get a good night’s rest for racing on Sunday!
- Sunday, 10/25, 7am: breakfast at hotel lobby, board bus for 7:30am departure for regatta site. 8am, arrive at regatta to rig and race.
- ~4pm: depart regatta
- ~11pm: arrive BHS; kids will call from the road with updates. Need helpers to unload food bins/coolers from the bus: SignUp Here.
- There are extra seats on the bus for parents who’d like a ride (make your own hotel reservations!) SignUp Here.
- Unload trailer, re-rig at practice on Monday.
Volunteer Needs: Even if you can’t attend this regatta in person, you can prepare food for the trip and help unload/transport hospitality stuff from the bus. Sign Up Genius.
Accommodations: All travel arrangements for rowers (bus and hotel) are made by the club. Hotel: DoubleTree Suites, in Plymouth Meeting, PA (about 15 miles/30 min from the regatta site). Families are welcome to drive on their own to enjoy a weekend in Philadelphia. Let us know on the SignUp Genius if you’ll be joining us. See separate email re: block of extra hotel rooms.
Regatta Fee: $233. Regatta fees cover hotel, hospitality and transportation for rowers, coaches, chaperones and boats. We try to keep expenses as low as possible.
- Checks payable to Brighton Rowing Club BY OCTOBER 26, 2016. Do not bring your check to the boathouse or bus.
- Please mail payments to: Brighton Rowing Club Treasurer, PO Box 18724, Rochester NY 14618.
Packing list: Personal clothing and gear, unis, tech shirts and water bottles. Dress for the weather. Be prepared for sun and rain (or snow!), and make sure to bring rain-gear, jacket, and an extra change of dry clothing stored in a plastic bag.
Food and spending money: The hotel serves a free hot breakfast, and we will have a hospitality tent at this regatta serving a hot lunch on Sunday. Eat before leaving on Saturday, and budget spending money for 3 meals on the road, plus regatta souvenirs.
Spectator Tips: For families/friends visiting the regatta:
- Driving Directions: and traffic flow Click Here. Do NOT park on the grass along Kelly Drive, even if other cars are there…you WILL get a ticket (I know!)
- Enjoy a stroll along Kelly Drive and visit Boathouse Row. Race course is 4025m long (~2.5 miles)