High School Rowing: Click Here for details (Novice and Varsity)
High School practice, typically:
- Rowers are expected to attend every practice even if school is not in session (ex: over Spring Break).
- Fall season begins last week of August until the first week of November; 5 days/week, 2 hours/day.
- Winter Training is the start of our Spring Season and the cost is included in the Spring registration fees (for more info, click here). It begins just after the MLK holiday until 3d week of March, 3 days/week and is required for Novice and Varsity. Experienced BRC rowers can also row in the the indoor tanks with Genesee Rowing Club.
Spring on-water practice begins last week of March/first week of April (icebergs permitting!) until Tuesday after Memorial Day (9+ weeks); 5 days/week, 2 hours/day.
Modified Rowing: Click Here for details (Grades 7-8)
- Twice a week
Modified Practice, typically:
- Fall season begins the week after Labor Day through the Last week of October; 2 days/week, 2 hours/day.
- Winter Training is optional for Modified rowers (see schedule, above), but we welcome your participation
- Spring on-water practice begins mid-April until Memorial Day; 2 days/week, 2 hours/day
- Summer Learn-to-Row Programs, in July or August. Experienced rowers help the coaches with instruction and fill the boats. Get your friends rowing with you!