It couldn’t be a successful regatta without the hospitality tent…and it couldn’t be a successful hospitality tent without your help!
Description of key jobs: Questions: email@example.com.
Water Jug Preparation:
- 3 large cold water jugs (2 blue, 1 orange [for Gatorade]), ~5 gallons each
- 2 small hot water jugs (blue), ~2 gallons each
Local Regatta: Pick up the jugs at the boathouse no sooner that the Wednesday before the regatta. Fill all 3 of the large cold water jugs with water and ice (if very hot weather predicted, fill with ice, then add water). Fill the 2 small blue jugs with boiling water. Bring all jugs to the hospitality tent in the morning. Rowers will assist with unloading/carrying; they will bring one large cold water jug to the trailer. Call/text Hospitality Coordinator when you arrive for assistance.
Away Regatta: If bus is going directly to the regatta site: Pick up the jugs at the boathouse no sooner than Wednesday before the regatta. Fill all 3 of the large cold water jugs with water and ice (if very hot weather predicted, fill with ice, then add water). Fill the small blue jugs with water to be heated at the tent. Bring all jugs to the bus for departure. Jugs will come back to the hotel to be refilled if two-day regattas; refill from the ice machine/tap at the hotel and load them onto the bus. Rowers will assist. If bus is going directly to the hotel: Fill large jugs 1/2-way with water; add ice from hotel ice machine in the morning before heading to the regatta. Fill small jugs with water to be heated at the tent. Bring all jugs to the bus for departure.
Morning Hospitality Team: The Hospitality Coordinator will be onsite to help with set up. A checklist and visuals will be available at the tent to provide assistance as well. Responsibilities include:
- Put up 2-3 tents at the hospitality location. One tent will be put up at boat trailer as determined by the coach.
- Stake down tents and add tent weights
- Put out brown tarp(s) for rowers; tent sidewalls as needed. Create “gutters” between adjacent tents with clips if it’s rainy.
- Set up four tables (see map)
- Set up stove/grill (see map)
- Set up pop-up garbage cans; add bags and use clothespins to secure bags (see map)
- Set up recycling and dirty dish pop-ups; put in bags (see map)
- Store containers as noted on map
- Prepare/serve breakfast and morning foods
- Mix Gatorade in the orange jug
- Keep paper products stocked
- Maintain food throughout the morning
Afternoon Hospitality Team: The Hospitality Coordinator will be onsite to help with take down. A checklist and visual will be available at the tent to provide assistance. Responsibilities include:
- Prepare/serve grill items and salads
- Keep paper products stocked
- Maintain lunch/snacks throughout the afternoon
- Near the end of the day, assist rowers to pack brown bag meal if they have a late race, or for the bus ride home
- Pack up hospitality tent and equipment at the end of the regatta
- Return equipment to appropriate containers
- Take down stove/grill and return to storage case
- Collect recycling and dirty dish bags; return pop-ups to container
- Collect trash (leave one open for final garbage collection)
- Collapse pop-trash containers
- Take down tables
- Fold up tarps/tent sidewalls
- Un-stake tents and remove tent weights
- Fold up tents and return to storage cases. If tents are wet, they MUST be dried out in the boathouse upon return. Remove from cases, stand them upright, ~50% expanded, for a day or 2.